The story opens with the Earth having already been conquered by a foe from their recent past.
In 2202, our sector of space was invaded by a rampaging war machine known as the Comet Empire. The invaders were led by the power-mad Prince Zordar. After a long, hard-fought battle, the invaders were finally defeated and Zordar was killed.
...But Zordar was only a PRINCE after all...
After a ten-year silence, the Empire returned and conquered Earth as easily as a giant would swat a fly. For five years since then, they have sucked our world dry of all resources.
The Earth Defense Forces were crushed beneath the Imperial boot. Only a few smaller ships survived the titanic final battle, and they were forced to flee the Solar system. On earth herself, a small resistance has formed. Maybe three hundred brave souls stand for the billions of mankind, against all the might of the Comet Empire.
Until a new danger looms...
Sea of Stars has been a labor of love for me for over three years. Wow, just thinking about how much time it has taken to bring this story to release is kind of daunting. It would never have been possible without the efforts of a diverse group of friends and comrades who not only worked hard to get this brought together, they kicked my butt every time I started to lag behind. Thanks folks, This wouldn't have happened without you.
The characters of this story have grown and changed over the nearly three years it took to get this production to fruition. They are, to me at least, living breathing people in some other alternate version of our world. They are on their own journey out of despair and into a future still unknown...literally, I'm still writing the concluding episode of the final season. They are flawed, because humans in general are flawed. They are not the single-note cardboard cutout people that populate much of western AND eastern science fiction, but nor are they open books. They all have their secrets, and exploring them is where the fun really is.
Welcome to our world. We hope you'll enjoy the ride.
- Sea of Stars is written, produced and directed by Devin Cox, of Forward Momentum Productions.
- All music in the series is drawn from several commercially released CDs of music from the original animated series “Uchuu Senkan Yamato.” Many of the CDS have long since gone out of print, though some may still be importable through Amazon.com.
- All the sound effects for Sea of Stars come from one of three sources: The original Star Blazers dvds; the “Sound Fantasia Yamato” CDs which are now out of print; and The Freesound Project, at freesound.org.
- Narrator: Mark “The ENCaffinated ONE” Kilfoil
- Alpha One (Richard Vega): Jonathan Edward Dolnier (aka Pokejedservo)
- Alpha Three: Jim Perry
- Alpha Six: Andre de Almeida
- Transport: Devin Cox
- Comet Empire Cargo Captain: Dave Frizzell
- Comet Empire Sensor Tech One: Eric Olp
- Comet Empire Sensor Tech Two: Devlin James
- Alpha Four: Lisa Wong
- Neville Drake: Scott Breakall
- Michael Vega: Sean Hill
- Sam Vandom: Philippa Ballantine
- General Wendy Singleton: Melissa D. Johnson (aka Mippa)
- Colonel Derek Wildstar: Joe Harrison
- Joachin Reyes: Nathan Butler
- EDF Tech 1: Devin Cox